Saturday, May 11, 2013

Succulent Cone revamped

I decided to make another wire mesh cone today. I wanted brighter colors and different plants to stand out against the fence. After creating it, I decided the fence just wouldn't do them any justice and moved them to the white wall. MUCH BETTER. Anyhow, see the previous post, sempervivum cone, to see directions. To revamp them, I added bright green sedum varieties, blue sedum, aeonium and some graptopetalum paraguayensis. The sedum is easy to tuck into the wire mesh, even with roots on. I found hanging them with two nails, one at top and bottom, held them in place better. I added extra soil after they were securely hung as well, topping off with pea gravel.

2 comments:

  1. You could make a whole wreath for the front door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome! Oh no! I'll need more plants.

    ReplyDelete