Saturday, May 11, 2013

Ghost plant, invisible plant.

I spent part of today removing rocks and filling in color around the graptopetalum paraguayense (the mass of white rosette type succulents pictured below). It really is the "ghost plant". It is lovely when you can see it. Unfortunately it blends right in with the river rocks, and looks less than exciting on dirt. I built up an area behind it and planted some sanseveria that needed a home. I was hoping that would help draw your eye to it. NOPE. I filled in the lovely yellow sedum nussbaumeranium with lonely sprigs from other places in the garden. Um, nope. Ok. So I added some  blue Echeveria sproutlings. They will reach atleast 8 inches across. Now if they would only grow fast. My mom got me an Echeveria gibbiflora ruffles yesterday, so that found a new home. I'm still not happy with the look.

A few new ideas.  I MAY pull the graptopetalum out at some point and use it for a dramatic pot. Or maybe, find a sedum that contasts really well and under plant it. It's also getting leggy. I may cut the rosettes off and stick them back in the ground (easy propagation!) All leaves that fell off have been tucked in the dirt around it. Maybe a tighter bunch would help. What an annoying, yet lovely, little white plant.

After pictures and before picture. Yep, you still can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment